“Seven Treasures are listed in the Buddhist scriptures. The typical seven treasures are gold, silver, lapis lazuli, crystal, giant clam, coral, and agate. The seven treasures are expressed on this Pelikan M1000 as auspicious omen motifs by drawing additional fortunate items. By this, the Pelikan Maki-e ‘Seven Treasures’ fountain pen is a collection of symbols which are believed to bring good fortune.”
The pen’s motif depicts the seven treasures of the Buddhist scriptures including gold, silver, lapis lazuli, crystal, giant clam, coral, and agate:
- Gold is a bright, slightly reddish yellow, dense, soft, malleable, and ductile metal. Its relative rareness in the environment has made it a precious metal employed for coinage, jewelry, and art, in addition to industrial applications.
- Silver is a soft, white, lustrous transition metal that exhibits the highest electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and reflectivity of any metal. More abundant than gold, it too is a precious metal.
- Lapis lazuli is a deep-blue metamorphic rock used as a semi-precious stone. It is prized for its intense blue color and used in jewelry as well as the finest and most expensive blue pigments.
- Crystal has a highly ordered microscopic structure, forming a lattice that extends in all directions. It is valued for both artistic applications and its purported healing properties.
- Giant clam is considered a rare organic gem, sometimes referred to as the “jade of the sea.” Amongst certain cultures, they are believed to be able to help ward off evil and protect the health of families.
- Red coral, scientifically referred to as Corallium rubrum, has a dark red color and lives on the rocky sea bottom. Because of its slow growth, it is rich in nutrients, including calcium, for which it is often ground into a powder for use in oriental medicine. It’s purported to have properties of cooling, detoxifying, sedation, and can help with the healing of injured bones.
- Agate is a rock formation consisting of chalcedony and quartz and is found in a wide variety of colors. Agate has been used in both the arts as well as industry, valued for its appearance and intrinsic properties.
Nib Material: 14K Gold, Platinum Plated
Filling Mechanism: Piston
|Body Material||Acrylic, Urushi, and Maki-e|
|Diameter||0.59 inches/ 15 mm|
|Length||5.9 inches/ 15 cm|
|Limited Edition||Limited to just 123 pieces worldwide|